Exciting career opportunity for a Cost Accountant to join the Finance team of a highly successful and growing FMCG company in Leicester. Do you have a winning mentality and a determination to exceed your best? Are you ambitious? Are you a strategic thinker, with the ability to develop the vision and secure acceptance for it? Will you drive visible improvements that make a business more effective? If so, read on!
Reporting into the Financial Director, this role comes with the potential to shadow the FD and take full responsibility of direct reports from the FD in the near future, along with a potential change of business title.
Key responsibilities will be;
- Overall responsibility including line management of the finance department in near future
- Extensive monthly management accounts production
- Variance analysis, sales reporting, balance sheet reconciliations and profit and loss
- Prepare monthly reporting and analysing actual versus budget/forecasts
- Prepare management information reporting pack including full commentary of variances for FD review
- Experience of implementing and using standard costing system, recipes, supporting New Product Development, costing and analysis
- System implementation (Netsuite)
- Take active part in Stock take every month and accounting and adjustments including monitoring pricing
- Proactively analysing costs and supporting relevant departmental managers
- Fixed asset management including deprecation
- Monthly KPI reporting and variance analysis
- Processing journals, accruals and prepayments
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Elements of statutory accounts and tax for year end purpose
To be successful in this role you will need;
- Previous experience of the above duties in a similar food manufacturing cost accountant position including; experience in preparation, analysis and review of management accounts, working with complex models, forecasts and costings, completing complex VAT returns, excellent understanding of the process and controls within the sales ledger and purchase ledger
- Part / fully qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Proven experience of working in a very fast paced environment, being highly organised, adaptable and flexible, managing multiple priorities, projects and complex requests at once in a time pressured environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, superb written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence and communicate in a clear, articulate and concise manner
- Highly numerate with a keen eye for detail and accuracy along with excellent data analytical skills
- Ability to work proactively with minimal direct guidance, results orientated and able to challenge systems and procedures.
- Successful line management experience where you have demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop high performing teams
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office including advanced Excel skills with the ability to use complex spreadsheets. and experience of Netsuite would be beneficial
Interviews to take place ASAP so apply today for immediate consideration for this career opportunity.