Head Of Transport
60-75K + Benefits
Picture the scene…
You inherit a well-functioning Transport & logistics team who perform to a high standard, nothing broken only needing to scale further.
A long-standing team, who so far have managed without someone like you however know that the next stage is needed now & leadership is required to move the needle & set the vision & strategy to raise output by a further 20%!
The Head of Transport will be setting and achieving the agenda to offer us the infrastructure to become the leading supplier in their category!
Your Role in a Nutshell:
As the Head of Transport, you will be the driving force behind our transport team, ensuring timely and quality delivery while managing an ambitious yet achievable transport budget.
Leading the charge in transitioning from a regional to a national delivery model, you'll oversee a mix of HGVs and LGVs supported by a select group of 3PLs—all skilfully managed by an exceptional transport team.
- Safety First: Create a safe working environment for all team members within the department.
- Delivery Excellence: Ensure orders are delivered on time, maintaining the required quality and staying within budget.
- Budget Maestro: Collaborate with the Finance team to manage the transport department budget effectively.
- Sustainability Champion: Drive progress in our sustainable initiatives to meet the company's net-zero targets in the next 10 years.
- Resource Maestro: Ensure the department is adequately resourced to meet customer service levels through a robust recruitment and onboarding process.
- Innovation Driver: Collaborate with Finance to lead the vehicle replacement program, promoting innovation in our fleet.
- Team Motivator: Provide leadership and support to your team, instilling a growth mindset and creating development plans.
- High Standards Advocate: Drive high standards across the department, promoting best-in-class workings.
- Continuous Improvement: Actively seek ways to improve systems and processes to keep up with the rapid growth of the business.
- Reporting Prodigy: Provide concise and relevant reporting of department performance and KPIs to the company Board of Directors.
- Training Guru: Develop a comprehensive training program for the department, ensuring continuous skill enhancement.
- Partnership Maestro: Manage our partnership with a select group of 3PLs, fostering collaborative success.
- Visionary Collaborator: Work closely with the company Board of Directors, leading the department to achieve the company's & your vision.
- Excellent man management
- Exceptional motivator
- Outstanding delegator
- FMCG Industry
- Multi-drop experience
- Strategic mindset
We are looking for a proven Transport/Supply Chain leader with experience in the food industry utilising a multi-drop model.
Preferable that you understand short-self life products and with this knowledge can spot the next milestones for the business to achieve further growth.
- Be a key player in shaping the future food delivery in the U.K.
- Lead a dedicated team with a focus on growth and excellence.
- Contribute to our sustainable initiatives and net-zero targets.
- Work in an innovative and dynamic environment that values continuous improvement.
If you're ready to take the reins and drive success, apply now and be part of our exciting journey!