Process Development Manager
A well known successful food manufacturing company who has strong values and a clear sense of purpose has a career opportunity for an experienced Process Development Manager.
The successful individual will have responsibility for ensuring that concept ready meals and convenience foods are successfully transferred from the kitchen to factory launch. This role is very customer facing, necessitates the leading of the process development team and working closely with all departments in meeting the customer requirements for shelf life, commercial targets, consistency and organoleptic characteristics.
Key responsibilities of role, with previous working experience required of the following;
- Managing the critical path from concept handover to product launch through effective liaison with the concept development, customer, technical and production teams.
- Ensures products are developed incorporating “best manufacturing process” when transferred from kitchen to factory
- Manages the process development team including work allocation, prioritisation and agreeing timescales for factory trials, customer panels, launches etc.
- Provides solutions for resolving identified manufacturing issues in existing processes
- Recommends improvements to formulations in conjunction with process and commercial improvement initiatives
- Participation in customer complaint and microbiological forums
- Ensures that products meet the desired criteria through appropriate testing, for example calculating nutritional values against customer codes of practice
- Undertakes pilot scale trials and aid with customer presentations and panels
- Organises and manages the creation of submission forms / pack copy information / product manuals within the required timescales
- Ensures product at factory trial, taste panel and launches are identical to samples previously submitted and agreed by customers.
- Ability to review organoleptic and shelf life data and make recommendations on product life or process changes, based on these results
- Ability to ensure that costed handover margin is reviewed and any margin erosion is quickly identified and communicated
Working days and times – Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm
If you have the above knowledge and experience gained whilst holding a managerial position within process development within chilled food manufacturing our Client would love to hear from you. We look forward to receiving your CV!